At Pilot Mountain Marketing, we know it’s essential for businesses to have an online presence – now more than ever. If you think you’re doing all the right things, but still feel down on your luck, you may need to focus on your website’s search engine optimization (SEO). We’re experts when it comes to increasing your business’s SEO. Contact us today to get started!
- Take advantage of YouTube SEO. Why? YouTube is the most popular video site on the internet, and it’s also the second most popular social media platform AND the second largest search engine right now. Most SEO experts forget all about YouTube when they consider search engines, but don’t let yourself overlook a tool that could help you grow your business. What this means for you: create videos on YouTube and include them on your website! It’ll make your business feel more personal to potential buyers, and it’ll also help to drive your organic search traffic.
- Create a diverse backlink portfolio. What does this mean? It means that even in 2020, links are still an incredibly important part of SEO. Don’t just throw any backlink on your blog posts, though. Quality matters; don’t include spam on your website because it could actually hurt your site.
- Don’t overlook technical SEO. There are so many ways that you can improve the technical part of your SEO, but here a few places to get started: make sure that your entire site loads on HTTPS instead of just parts of it; enable mobile view for every page on your website; invest in crawling software; and learn how to fix “Page Not Found” errors. All these things individually may not seem like huge issues, but trust us: they matter.
- Target local searchers with landing pages and listings. Almost half of all Google searches are from people looking for local information rather than global, which can include hours businesses are open, places to shop locally, addresses of local businesses, or phone numbers of local businesses. If you have a brick-and-mortar business, you shouldn’t overlook local SEO and listings. This is how many of your potential customers might find you!
- Never give up on measuring your SEO performance. This is critical – and SEO expert can help you with this especially, but in general, make sure you’re reporting your performance and paying close attention to your analytics. Effective reporting means you can answer questions like, what content appealed to my customers? Which page of my website was the least or most visited? etc.
There are so many tips and tricks available online when it comes to increasing your website’s SEO, including organic traffic. But we always recommend working with an expert to ensure your strategies are indeed working for you. If your business is located in Greensboro, High Point, or Winston-Salem, NC, we’re ready to work with you! Contact Pilot Mountain Marketing if you’re ready to see your website traffic increase.