For your business in Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, NC or surrounding areas, Pilot Mountain Marketing wants to help with all your digital marketing needs. We specialize in developing and maintaining the perfect WordPress website for your business. Along with building your unique, beautiful, and efficient website, we also work hard to digitally advertise for your business and increase your Search Engine Optimization (SEO).
As one of the most popular search engines, your Google rankings matter. So how do you improve your rankings on Google? Here are 5 proven ways to improve your ranking on Google:
- Make your website easy to use. If your website is difficult to use, your rankings will suffer. Future customers won’t want to struggle with your webpage, so make sure it is designed with usability in mind. One way to do this is by performing a technical SEO audit and by tending to the basics of SEO. You’ll have an automatic advantage over competitors that way. Also, make sure you don’t have any duplicate content issues on your site, such as multiple versions of the same page.
- Optimize your website for mobile use. Your website needs to pass the mobile-friendly test, which is quick and easy to take. According to Google, “our crawling, indexing, and ranking systems have typically used the desktop version of a page’s content… Mobile-first indexing means that we’ll use the mobile version of the page for indexing and ranking…” So make sure you are as diligent about your mobile page as you are about your desktop page.
- Optimize your website for speed. This matters for both mobile and desktop views of your website – continuously monitor the speed of your site and keep improving it. The Google PageSpeed tool will help you benchmark your site’s performance. You’ll need to check your image file sizes and your browser caching as well. The best way to enable browser caching is to add code to the web host/server. There are also plugins available on WordPress to accomplish this speed optimization.
- Work on your links. Internal and external links play a huge role in how your website ranks. Make sure to fix broken links and exact match your anchor text. This means to avoid spam if it’s irrelevant to your business or website. Also, track your brand mentions across the web by setting up a Google Alert.
- On-page optimization. Google has produced an SEO Starter Guide, which will help promote your content via a Google search. Check it out, and watch your Google search rankings increase!
At Pilot Mountain Marketing, we know how essential it is for your business that you rank high on Google searches. Websites that rank on the first page of a search receive much more traffic (and business!) than those that appear on the second page. For your business in Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, NC or surrounding areas, give us a call today. Whatever your digital marketing needs, Pilot Mountain Marketing is here to help!