Are you looking for an expert to help increase your Search Engine Optimization (SEO)? While it is possible to increase your SEO on your own, at Pilot Mountain Marketing, we highly recommend hiring a professional to get the job done for you. For your business in Greensboro, High Point, Winston-Salem, NC or surrounding areas, Pilot Mountain Marketing wants to help with all your digital marketing needs. We specialize in developing and maintaining the perfect WordPress website for your business. Along with building your website, we also work hard to digitally advertise for your business and increase your SEO.
SEO experts are also called SEO, and if you’re thinking about hiring an SEO, the earlier the better. If you’re considering a site resign or planning to launch a new site, this is a great time to hire. You can work alongside your SEO to ensure that your site is designed from scratch to be search engine friendly. A good SEO can also drastically improve a site that already exists.
Here are a few tips on how to choose an SEO to hire:
- Be committed to the process. When your SEO makes recommendations on how to improve your website to increase your SEO, these changes will take time and effort. It’s not worth it to hire a professional if you’re not also willing to do the work.
- Interview your potential SEO before you hire them. You might consider asking the following questions during your interview:
- Can you show me examples of your previous work and share some success stories?
- Do you follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines?
- Do you offer any online marketing services or advice to complement your organic search business?
- What kind of results do you expect to see, and in what timeframe? How do you measure your success?
- What’s your experience in my industry?
- What’s your experience in my country/city?
- What’s your experience developing international sites?
- What are your most important SEO techniques?
- How long have you been in business?
- How can I expect to communicate with you? Will you share with me all the changes you make to my site, and provide detailed information about your recommendations and the reasoning behind them?
- See if the SEO is interested in you and your business. If they’re not interested, find someone who is. Your SEO should ask questions such as:
- What makes your business or service unique and valuable to customers?
- Who are your customers?
- How does your business make money, and how can search results help?
- What other advertising channels are you using?
- Who are your competitors?
- Check your potential SEO’s references. Feel free to reach out to their previous clients and ask if they felt that this SEO provided useful services. Also important is finding out if this SEO was easy to work with and produced positive results.
- Ask your potential SEO for a technical and search audit. This will help you learn what they think needs to be done to your site and why. You will need to set up some goals, so the expected outcome should be discussed as well. Your prospective SEO should be able to give you realistic estimates of improvement and an estimate of the work involved as well. Don’t always believe an SEO if they say that their changes will result in first place search results – that may be unreliable.
- Decide if you want to hire, and get to work!
At Pilot Mountain Marketing, with over decades of experience, we’re more than willing to help you improve your Search Engine Optimization. Contact us today to get started!