When you sign up with WordPress to create your free website for your business, there are so many amazing features you should take advantage of. WordPress works with Google to offer many apps to help personalize your site, to manage your site, and even to track the analytics of your site. At Pilot Mountain Marketing, we know it’s essential for businesses to have an online presence – now more than ever. But we also believe in making use of the tools provided for you on WordPress.
Here’s a bit about those tools:
- Google Analytics: you can add Google Analytics to your business site on WordPress.com to track your site’s performance. This will help inform your business decisions with Google’s in-depth data. You can get timely and detailed statistics about where your site’s visitors are coming from, how they’re interacting with your site, and whether they’re responding to your marketing efforts.
- G Suite: you can add all the most popular Google products to your WordPress account, including a professional Gmail address, Drive, Docs, Calendars, and Hangouts. The best part about G Suite is that there’s no software required. WordPress’s integration with G Suite improves your website’s performance and your business’s workflow.
- Search Console: you can see your site like a search engine does if you add Google Search Console to your website. You’ll be able to get detailed reports that show how visitors are searching for you, what they’re clicking on, who is linking to your site, and many more features. You can optimize your site for more traffic and better discoverability by using Google Search Console.
- Google Docs: why would you need to use Google Docs if you already have WordPress? This collaboration lets you write, edit, and collaborate in Docs, but then you can save it as a blog post on any WordPress.com site. Your images and most formatting will carry over from Docs to WordPress, so you won’t have any more copy-and-paste issues. This allows you to embrace collaborative editing for your WordPress site.
- Google Photos: when you use Google Photos for WordPress, you can upload your photos once and then share anywhere. This allows you to manage your media easily and save on web storage. So now, you won’t have to upload twice, browse, search, and copy photos from your Google account; instead, you can add photos directly into your WordPress blog posts and pages.